WE'LL BRING THEM DOWN TO EARTH
One of the world’s largest telecoms companies was struggling to hire and retain skilled IT staff for its two European network operation centres (NOCs).
One of the world's largest telecoms companies, providing a wide range of communication services to OVER 100 million customers in more than 200 countries.
Over the last few years, our client had experienced difficulty in both hiring and retaining skilled IT staff to fill full-time positions within its NOCs.
They had turned to freelance contractors and agency staff employed on short-term contracts, typically paying above average rates.
But they felt this wasn’t bringing any long-term benefits, since any investment in training would be lost as staff left when their contracts expired. In addition, the cost and complexity of personnel management was becoming increasingly complicated.
We provided a skilled team of NOC staff managed by a senior nsc resource manager, along with full training and HR administration.
Our client benefitted from the longer term benefits of having in-house staff – as well as the flexibility to scale staffing levels up or down based on market conditions.
• We lowered operating costs by more than $2 million in the first year
• We successfully provided 160 skilled staff across both NOCs
• We reduced the NOC human resource requirements by more than 30%
• We guaranteed provision of high-quality staff, with recognised accreditations
• We introduced the flexibility to both quickly scale up or scale down staff as required